The revised City Council Draft of the Walnut Creek Pedestrian Master Plan is now available; click here for the plan.
The Pedestrian Master Plan (PMP) is the first citywide planning effort focused on making walking in Walnut Creek safer, easier and more popular. Toward this end, the PMP will:
- Outline goals, policies and actions to guide the positive evolution of walking in the city.
- Assess existing conditions for walking, including obstacles and challenges.
- Develop broad recommendations for physical improvements suited to different pedestrian contexts and environments.
- Recommend programs and activities to promote and encourage walking.
- Formulate guidelines for the design of sidewalks, crosswalks and footpaths.
Particular attention will be paid to improving access to schools, to transit and within the Downtown, as well as to open space areas, parks and neighborhood shopping centers. The planning effort relies on the public’s involvement to help shape the PMP. Opportunities for Walnut Creek residents and others to provide input and feedback on the PMP include public workshops and online surveys at key points in the process.